A library card is required for all library transactions. If you do not have a card the following information will provide you with information on how to obtain one:
- Library cards are free to all residents of Georgia. Persons who attend school, own property or are employed in Georgia are eligible for a free PINES card. Patrons of both PINES and non-participating Georgia public libraries may receive a PINES card. Users from non-participating Georgia libraries shall have the same privileges as PINES users. Most PINES cards are valid for 2 years.
- Property owners who do not reside in Georgia may be required to show proof of ownership, such as a tax bill or deed. Persons employed in Georgia or attending school in Georgia may be required to show proof of employment or enrollment.
- Out-of-state cards are available to persons living outside Georgia who do not meet the above criteria for a $25 annual fee, payable at the time the card is issued. A temporary card is available for a $12.50 charge and is good for 6 months.
- Signing a PINES card application denotes acceptance of responsibility for lost or damaged materials.
- There is no minimum age for a child to receive a PINES card. A parent or legal guardian may register a child. The parent or guardian must show proper ID to register a child and sign the application for all children under 18. Signing a child’s PINES card application denotes acceptance of responsibility for all fines, lost or damaged materials charged on that card.
- An applicant for a new card is required to provide proper ID, which includes current local address. Acceptable ID for a PINES card: a) photo ID showing current local address, OR b) photo ID and one item from approved list showing current, local address (if photo ID does not have correct address), OR c) TWO (2) items from approved list showing current, local address. Acceptable ID includes valid driver’s license, valid voter registration card, checks with pre-printed addresses, a utility bill, tax receipt or other piece of mail that shows the user’s name and present address.
- The charge for a replacement PINES card is $2.
Audiobooks: 14 days
Books: 14 days
Books on CD: 14 days
DVDs/VHS Videos: 7 days
Nonfiction DVDs: 14 days
Magazine, circulating: 14 days
Music: 14 days
Paperback: 14 days
Software: 14 days
FINES AND FEES:
DVDs/VHS Videos and Equipment: $.50 per day, per item
Audiobooks, Books, Books on CD, Magazines, Music, Paperback, and Software: $.20 per day, per item
WANT TO GET A HEAD START?
Download (56 kb. pdf) the Library Card Registration Form for your Pines Library Card and fill it out before you come in.
DON'T HAVE ADOBE ACROBAT READER?
Please click here to download the newest version from Adobe's web site.