Southwest Georgia Regional Library System offers hotspots to more effectively meet the educational, informational, and recreational needs of Library patrons. Wireless hotspots are portable, rechargeable devices that connect laptops, smartphones, tablets and other devices to the internet. More than one device can be connected to the hotspot. In most situations, up to 15 devices can be connected simultaneously.
Hotspots are available to patrons 18 or older with these guidelines. Patrons access the internet at their own discretion. Although many valuable sources of information are available via the internet, the Library can neither verify the accuracy nor control the content of material found. Patrons may find that some websites contain material they consider offensive or inappropriate. Parents and/or guardians are strongly encouraged to monitor their minor children’s use of electronic resources, including electronic mail, and to establish guidelines consistent with person and individual family values and boundaries.
To check out a Mobile Hotspot:
- Click Here or call a participating branch to check availability
- Visit the branch.
- Read and complete the paperwork required to check out hotspots.
- Check one out!
To return a Mobile Hotspot:
- Bring the hotspot back to the service desk you checked it out from and place it in the hands of a staff member.
- Do NOT put hotspot in the library book drops.
- Do NOT return hotspot to another library.
- If not returned on the due date, the hotspot will be deactivated and fee will be added to the patron’s library account.
Furthermore, while using a library hotspot, understand that:
- Users must abide by all applicable portions of the Internet and Computer Use Policy available at swgrl.org/library/policies
- Use of the library hotspot for illegal purposes is expressly forbidden, in accordance with applicable legal statutes.
- Use of the hotspot to access material that is obscene as defined under Georgia law (O.C.G.A. 16-12-80), child pornography as defined under federal or state law (18 U.S.C. 2256; O.C.G.A. 16-12-100), and material that is “harmful to minors” as defined under Georgia Law (O.C.G.A. 16-12-102) is not allowed.
- Southwest Georgia Regional Library is not responsible for any liability, damages or expenses resulting from use or misuse of a library hotspot, connection of the hotspot to other electronic devices, or data loss resulting from use of a library hotspot.
- Southwest Georgia Regional Library is not responsible for the breach or interception of confidential information resulting from the malicious activity of another internet user.
- The internet contains images and content that may be offensive or harmful to some. Southwest Georgia Regional Library is released from all liabilities associated with the viewing, use, or exposure to any images and content patrons may encounter while using this wireless connection.
- Patrons create, use and store personal data, including all files, folders and media, on their own computer or other device at their own risk. Southwest Georgia Regional Library is not responsible for the loss of any personal data, including all files, folders and media.
- Reconfiguring the hotspot is not allowed.
- Patrons must return the hotspot to the circulation desk where it was checked out. Patrons may NOT return the hotspot in the bookdrop or to another branch.
- Hotspots are available for a 7 day checkout.
- Hotspots are not eligible for renewals.
- Patrons may place holds requesting hotspots through the PINES app, online account, or by contacting the circulation desk. The hotspot must be checked out on the account that placed the hold. Holds not picked up after 48 hours will be cancelled.
- Only one hotspot can be checked out to a patron or household at any time.
- If a patron loses or damages the hotspot, the replacement cost will be $150.00 and/or the applicable cost for accessories if lost, stolen or damaged while checked out to the patron’s account.
- The late fee is $5 a day. Service to the hotspot will be deactivated when it becomes overdue.
Finding the WiFi name and password: Just tap WiFi name (SWGRL-Hotspot#) and password (SWGRLibrary1) on the Home screen.
- Verizon Jetpack MiFi 8800L
- Wall/USB charger
- Laminated copy of rules
Please return device to the location where you checked out the hotspot.
The wireless hotspots are provided with funds from the Emergency Connectivity Fund, a program funded by the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021. This program is intended for library patrons who do not otherwise have access to equipment or services sufficient to meet the patron’s educational needs.